Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN)
Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is the application of SDN technology to WAN connections. Up to now WAN connections have used 20-year-old proprietary and expensive technology plus leased circuits. This results in complex network architectures, delayed branch deployments, limited functionality, application rollouts being inhibited and high administrative overhead.
Bringing SDN to the WAN
SD-WAN moves network control into the cloud to deliver a business-class, secure and much more feature rich WAN, thereby simplifying branch office networking and enabling optimal application performance. Iricent’s SD-WAN offering is a flexible and cost effective solution that enables the delivery of cloud managed higher WAN capacity with the higher quality of service businesses need. Corporate applications can be optimised and accelerated – even over low cost, low quality Internet connections.
Key benefits of SD-WAN
- Cost-effective, simpler alternative to WAN connectivity and complex branch networks
- Improved application performance
- Easily deploy advanced connectivity and security functions
- Fast provisioning, simplified operations while the time required to manage the network is minimised
- WAN performance monitoring, App Steering, Link Remediation
If you’d like to find out about Iricent’s SD-WAN solutions, call us on +353 1 4429840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org