Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) is a specific software defined networking (SDN) technology use case applied to WAN connections.
SD-WAN architecture uses SDN principles to separate the data plane from the control plane in the WAN. It abstracts the underlying transport networks (MPLS, broadband internet, wireless, satellite) and shifts control intelligence from customer premises equipment (CPE) or edge devices to a centralized controller and in turn delivers many benefits including:
- All-in-one solution (WAN optimization, policy-based control, application prioritisation, …)
- Access flexibility and redundancy
- Works over a variety of media (MPLS, Broadband Internet, LTE / 5G, satellite)
- Dynamic path selection and load sharing across WAN connections
- Simplification of the branch network making it easier to manage while providing increased network agility
- Fast provisioning, simplified operations while the time required to manage the network is minimised
- Improved application performance, end to end visibility of cloud based applications
- Seamless integration with public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
Iricent’s SD-WAN offering enables service providers and enterprise customers alike to leverage the benefits above with flexible and cost-effective deployment models. Our managed SD-WAN provides customers with fast deployment using either dedicated appliance or uCPE based architectures.
We provide a range of industry leading solutions from SD-WAN providers including Aruba (Silver Peak), VMware (Velocloud) and Fortinet, all of whom are recognised as leaders in the recent Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge. Our industry leading knowledge and expertise in this area, combined with our best-in-class partners ensure that we can meet requirements of each individual customer based on specific environment and needs.
Iricent’s Managed SD-WAN service enables customers to outsource the design, deployment and operation of their SD-WAN network under an SLA and in turn allows those customers to experience the benefits of SD-WAN whilst at the same time minimising the commercial and technical risks.
To find out more about Iricent SD-WAN solutions or to arrange a demonstration.